The Nell J. Redfield Foundation was organized by Nell J. Redfield on November 13, 1974 to provide a vehicle for her regular charitable giving. Since her death in 1981, the Foundation Directors have carried on her charitable activities. The Articles of Incorporation of the Foundation generally describe its purposes to include the advancement of healthcare, medical research, care for needy children and women, and the advancement of education.
It was Nell’s hope and expectation that she would have an opportunity to engage in charitable activities for her lifetime and in perpetuity after her death. Her successors were instructed to faithfully adhere to her mission statement.
Submission of Written Grant Application
- Description of the applying organization.
- The purpose for which the grant is to be made.
- Most recent financial statement.
- An explanation of why this program is unique. Why is it needed?
- A description of the changes that will occur as a result of this program.
- A description of your plan for sustaining the program after the grant.
- How will you know this project succeeded at the end of this grant? (list three goals for the project and the metrics to be used to determine whether the goals have been met).
- An itemized budget of the amount requested from The Foundation in addition to the total budget for the entire project, together with an explanation of the uses to which The Foundation funds will be put. (The Foundation expects to be notified by the applicant of grants received from other sources while the proposal is being reviewed as such grants frequently cause changes in the overall program and budget of the organization.)
- A copy of the IRS determination letter stating that the applying organization has 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and is not a private foundation.
Notification of Status and Supervision of Submitted Proposals
If a request is denied, an applicant may submit a new application for funding for the following year, but it must be an updated application and not a request to reinstate a prior application which has been acted upon by the Directors.